Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Dream

Hello! My name is Braxton Ray, and my goal is to one day be in the Olympics. Whether it's on a team, part of the torch relay, or even a team chaplain, I don't care. Just to be a part of such a huge global tradition - the top sporting and diplomatic event in the world - would be a huge honor. As a kid, I was an enthusiastic athlete: doing gymnastics, swimming, playing baseball, and soccer. Then around middle school, I got really into music, which left me with no time for sports. My period of intensively learning music is now over, and I can devote much more time to training physically for competition. College will provide me with many more connections and facilities to help me reach this goal. No matter where this path takes (long training hours, tedious applications, college teams, even dual citizenship) I'm willing and ready. So at the end of this first day of the XXX Summer Olympiad, I'm setting my sights on 2020. I can't tell you if I'll make it, but I can tell you that I'll try. This is my blog to document that journey. Endeavor to persevere. Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment